Here’s a Street Art Checklist…
We’re going to point out two things about this DCC Beta right from the start…
- It’s ENTIRELY optional, and not meant to introduce a ‘permission slip’ for art on streets. It’s not meant to REPLACE or CHANGE any existing ways of carrying out street art.
- It doesn’t GRANT any new permissions or rights that don’t already exist. It’s doesn’t REMOVE any existing permissions or rights. It’s purely a CLARIFICATION of the situation that already exists today.
The reason (the ‘Need’) for this Beta came from comments from lots of people who told DCC Beta that they’d experienced problems whilst doing a piece of street art…and multiple questions to DCC Beta about when it when it was ‘legit’ to do a piece of street art…they all felt that there was a need for more clarity.
So the below PDF is simply a checklist for someone to use in order to gain some clarity for themselves or to show to others.
- Please let us know if you think it’s a good idea, or a terrible idea. We’ve no problem binning the entire thing if you don’t like it.
- If you use it, we’d love to hear about how it worked, or didn’t work.
- Suggestions, amendments, additions, etc would be fantastic.
We’d love to hear from artists, passers-by, property-owners…anyone and everyone.